Redefining the legal services paradigm requires the right kind of people.
MEP Business Counsel isn’t your average law firm, which is why we’re not looking for your average business lawyer. Our team is not simply comprised of exceptionally well-trained and talented lawyers, but together we compose a fiercely collaborative and entrepreneurial group who love the business of business and are passionate about challenging the status quo. A commitment to excellence, integrity, an earnest spirit and a sense of humour are character traits that define each of us. In return, MEP Business Counsel offers an amazing collaborative and innovative environment, a balance between career and personal development, and an opportunity to work with people and businesses you are passionate about.
If being part of a true team at the forefront of challenging the legal paradigm interests you, we’d like to hear from you. Contact Carla Rodriguez at email@example.com to start the conversation.
MID-LEVEL CORPORATE ASSOCIATE
MEP Business Counsel is seeking a standout corporate lawyer to join its growing Corporate/Commercial Practice.
The ideal candidate will have been practicing between two to four years in an established corporate commercial practice, and bring solid general corporate experience with hands-on exposure to sophisticated commercial transactions, including: M&A, Project Finance and Lending.
As part of our team, we look for candidates who demonstrate the same values such as a Client-Centered Approach and Business-First Thinking. Our associates work closely with experienced lawyers who provide mentoring and opportunities to assume very high levels of responsibility and direct client-contact. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic contributor to the Firm dynamic, and have a collaborative approach to the work environment.
This role is suitable for a business-minded lawyer who is looking to try something different from the “big firm” experience and accelerate their career at a vibrant, boutique corporate and entertainment law firm. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark at a Firm with an inclusive culture and entrepreneurial spirit.
Like what you hear? Let’s continue the conversation. Please send your materials to Carla Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a senior Corporate Paralegal to join our Corporate Services Department at MEP Business Counsel. Our Corporate Paralegals play a key role in supporting the Business Lawyers at MEP Business Counsel, coupled with a high degree of direct client interaction. Our Corporate Paralegals have extensive experience in all stages of corporate structuring and related commercial transactions, navigating applicable Provincial and Federal regulations in the context of our clients’ business activities.
B. Ideal Candidate Requisites
As part of our team, we look for candidates who demonstrate the same values such as a Client-Centered Approach and Business-First Thinking. Our paralegals work closely with experienced business and entertainment lawyers who provide mentoring and opportunities to assume very high levels of responsibility and direct client-contact. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic contributor to the Firm dynamic, and have a collaborative approach to the work environment. Some general parameters for this position are as follows:
- 10+ years’ experience as a British Columbia corporate/commercial paralegal
- Unparalleled attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of ALF (administration and coding) and BC Online paired with strong technical skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to organize and prioritize a busy workload for a busy corporate practice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to function effectively with a high degree of independence
C. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Along with another senior paralegal, supporting approximately 8 business lawyers, maintaining approximately 550 corporate minute books (both BC and EPRs).
- Formation and governance matters relating to corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and joint ventures.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for commercial transactions – changes to ownership or management, M&A, joint ventures, amalgamations and dissolutions.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books, and all related annual report filings.
- Experience with conducting and reviewing public searches, including corporate searches, PPR registrations, tax and employment matters. Securities law experience a definite asset.
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions.
- Familiarity with commercial lending transactions.
- Assisting with tax driven corporate reorganizations.
- Attending to auditor/accountant/member of the public requests.
- Respond to client inquiries and handle routine corporate tasks independently.
D. Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a genuine collegial atmosphere offered at MEP Business Counsel, we provide market salary commensurate with experience and in line with sophisticated corporate service departments in the downtown core. Full benefits, cell phone and fitness reimbursement, as well as a bonus program based on various criteria and contributions to the Firm are just some of the benefits we offer.
E. To Apply
Like what you hear? Reach out and apply for this role by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.